Thursday, January 15, 2015

House of the week: Victorian on Congress Street

Because I simply can't help myself, I was browsing available real estate listings again. Regardless of my apparent lack of income, I still can't rip the hope from my heart that one day, before I die, I will enjoy a gorgeous, New Orleans home of my own.

This week's bout of self-flagellation let me to discover a drool-worthy property in Bywater. This 120-year-old Victorian Italianate was once a double, which I certainly wouldn't have objected to, but has been converted to a single. Luckily, quite a few of the classic details are intact like wainscoting, old fireplace mantles, floor-to-ceiling windows, pocket doors, heart pine hardwood floors and transoms. Not to mention some note-worthy details like a couple clawfoot tubs and a screened-in back porch.

As if all that were not enough, the house is less than three blocks from places like Elizabeth's, Pizza Delicious, Satsuma Cafe, Oxalis, Markey Park and the new Crescent Park. Wouldn't you buy this three bedroom, two bath, 1900 square foot dream listed for $389,000? I would ...

1 comment:

Nan Welch said...

I so very much feel your pain Kim...