Thursday, August 21, 2014

House of the week: Arts & Crafts on Arts Street

Although I am taking a much-needed break from house hunting, I can't help falling into my familiar, old patterns, browsing realty sites and wishing on stars. It's an addiction ... I know.

Oddly enough, while searching the listings, fantasizing about being a millionaire, I discovered this beauty on Arts Street. "Is this further punishment from the Gods?" I ask myself. Whatever it is, it's a stunner. Less than eight blocks from the house-that-was-almost-mine, I found this drool-worthy Arts & Crafts-style house that, while it's WAY too much house for me, it's astoundingly affordable and jaw-dropping at the same time (too good to be true?).

Yes, the pictures for this listing suck, but what you can see is nothing less than juicy. All, original, natural hard-wood floors and architectural details like the cool, Craftsman staircase and arches with built-in shelving, woodwork on the ceiling and walls, gorgeous insets and mouldings, paneled doors ... can you hear me panting? It's a little over 2,600 square feet of living space with 5 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, huge attic space, and a largish backyard. I can see a big, extended family living in this house listed at a mere $229,000. Can't you?

No comments: