Thursday, February 20, 2014

House of the week: Cottage on Milan Street

One of the first things you come to realize when house hunting is that everyone's got their own sense of style. Interior design, I believe, either wholly reflects the person or people living in that space, or it reflects absolutely nothing at all ... like a furniture showroom at Pier 1 Imports. Perhaps it's because I worked with an interior designer or perhaps it's because I've been decorating my (yet to be acquired) house since I was 6 years old, but I'm endlessly fascinated by how people choose to decorate their world. 

Anyhow, while I was roaming through the listings, I happened upon this house near Claiborne and Napoleon. The neighborhood is nice and the beach cottage-style house sports a sweet little front and back porch, hardwood floors, French doors, granite counter tops and a neat back yard. The price is decent, listed at $145,000, and though it isn't as old as I would like (built in the 70's), it still has a lot of character. But, even though I am quite good at looking at the bare bones of a house, appreciating the architecture and imaging the space with my own style, it was pretty hard to get past this living room set. 

Is it just me or does it seem like Fifi Mahony's blew up in there? 

No comments: