Thursday, September 8, 2011

House of the week: Creole Townhouse on Esplanade

I'm feeling very whimsical today, endlessly hopeful and full of fancy. I'm dreaming big dreams and wishing on a star because only a huge windfall of fortune would enable me to attain a dream house like this one. People just don't know how good they have it sometimes. Removing the financial limit on my property search was ridiculous, I know, but I couldn't help seeing what I could have if money was no object. Just look at what I found...

This stunning, four story Creole Townhouse was built circa 1834 and is located on the edge of the French Quarter on the corner of tree-lined Esplanade Avenue and Chartres Street. As you can see, it has two wraparound, wrought iron galleries, five bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths, hardwood floors, high ceilings and it includes a carriage house in the back. Architectural details include elaborate ceiling medallions, arched and floor-to-ceiling windows, an elegant, modern kitchen and a library! Yes...I said a library. Click here and take the virtual tour and see if this property doesn't have you drooling on the keyboard in envy.

By the way, this house is being sold for the bargain basement price of $1,695,000...

No comments: