Friday, August 5, 2011

House of the week: Cottage on Adams Street

Every one had heard the old saying "you can't judge a book by its cover" and I think for this week's house, that saying is oh-so apropos. When I first saw the ad, I looked at the front shot of the house and thought "yucko." I mean, just look at it! It's a blocky, baby blue blob with no personality, no front porch, nada. Then I scrolled down and got a glimpse of what's inside...

This deceiving, block-like cottage features beautiful hardwood floors, wood-beamed ceilings and brand new kitchen cabinets and granite counter tops. There are two bedrooms, one bath and (if you can believe it) two stories! It's also loaded with all the appliances I'd ever need, including a washer and dryer, plus off-street parking and a good-sized back yard. To top it all off, this unbelievably cute property is located in my current neighborhood (how I love the Riverbend) and...you're not going to believe this...it's selling for $163,000!

Click this link and check out the interior shots and tell me...do you think they made it that ugly on the outside on purpose?

No comments: