Thursday, July 14, 2011

House of the week: Shotgun on Derbigny Street

I've seen this house in the listings a few times now and I am still shocked it hasn't sold. It's a cute little shotgun that has been beautifully renovated with hardwood floors throughout, granite counter tops and energy efficient appliances in the kitchen, a gorgeous brick driveway (off street parking in New Orleans?), French doors to the backyard and a walk-in closet in the bedroom! It's located in the Esplanade Ridge, on the lake side of I-10, an area that is slowly going through revitalization...and truth be told, still needs a lot of work.

But hey! When I moved here 8 years ago, people were saying the same thing about the Marigny, and now that is one of the hippest neighborhoods in town! Anyhow, the house seems like a truly great deal with an asking price of only $183,137.  Did I mention it has three bedrooms, two baths and over 1,400 square feet of living space? The dream continues...

No comments: