Monday, June 28, 2010

Cheating ain't fair...for now!

While I was in California visiting my crazy, beautiful family, I over-indulged on the local food knowing I wouldn't get another chance at it for a while. I decided not to cheat this past week because my extravagant dining behavior cost me a weight gain of five pounds, but let me tell you...it was worth it!

I mean, how could I resist a delicious super burrito from La Cumbre?  Could you?


And I couldn't possibly say no to clam chowder and sourdough french bread at The Fish Market...


I had no choice but to eat or fall down at The Chieftain...


Not to mention the fact that my whole family wanted to ply me with Persian food.


There is simply no way I could refuse when my Aunt and Uncle went through so much hard work to treat me to kebab.  I didn't even get the opportunity to share with you my meal at Chao Praya, quite possibly one of the best Thai restaurants in the South Bay.


But, I am happy to say that I have been back on track in the past week and couldn't be happier to be back in New Orleans where I belong.  I definitely plan on cheating this Thursday and I have a whole list of fantastic restaurants to choose from.  It's so good to be home!


No comments: